Beach House and Patio—Dangriga, Belize (Photo of the Week)

Dangriga, Belize

I took this photo when I was walking through Dangriga, Belize, with a friend–on our way to Hopkins Village. I loved both the patio and house behind it because of the colors. I felt they represented the local vibe–the beach and cultural scene–just perfectly.

House and Patio—Dangriga, Belize

I was curious about the person or people who might be living there. Did their child or children play on the swing? Did they have a lot of family gatherings?

They weren’t outside, so I never got to see them. Whoever they are, I thank them for such a picture-perfect scene!

Photographic Details

Camera: FujiFilm FinePix E 900
F stop: 5.6
Exposure: 1/20 of a second
Focal length: unknown

Your Experiences/Thoughts?

Have you seen and/or photographed people’s homes and wondered who the people living there were? Did you later discover that they were entirely different than you thought? Or were you simply left wondering?

14 Responses to Beach House and Patio—Dangriga, Belize (Photo of the Week)
  1. Rease
    February 21, 2012 | 3:49 pm

I adore these bright colors. I am also obsessed with swings of any kind.
    Rease recently posted..Vacation Planning ExtravaganzaMy Profile

February 22, 2012 | 12:36 am

Rease–I like those colors, too–especially that light but intense aqua. Swings are fun!

2. Dyanne@TravelnLass
    February 21, 2012 | 11:59 pm

Happily, Dangriga looks much as it did back in the 90’s where, at nearby Gales Point, I glided through tunnels of mangrove in the middle of the night in a dugout canoe to witness the wondrous phosphorescence of the “River of Fire”. Thanks for the memories!
    Dyanne@TravelnLass recently posted..Newbie EFL Teacher Comes Up For Air…My Profile

February 22, 2012 | 12:38 am

Dyanne…hi! I was just thinking about you today–I swear–and look at this…you show up. Love that! Glad that Dangriga looks similar to what it was before. I love the way you wrote that sentence, by the way…so lovely!

So…judging from your recent post there on CommentLuv, you must have been busy lately with your new job. I’m stopping by tomorrow morning, when I’m having my coffee, to see how it’s been going. Nice to be in touch again!

3. Aaron @ Aaron's Worldwide Adventures
    February 22, 2012 | 12:50 am

Apparently the owner of this house likes this shade of turquoise…
    Aaron @ Aaron’s Worldwide Adventures recently posted..Approaching Religious History in TzfatMy Profile

February 22, 2012 | 7:14 am

Hi, Aaron. Yes, definitely! I’ve noticed that particular shade in other coastal areas. Perhaps they’re trying to match the water color somehow…

4. Rohrerbot
    February 22, 2012 | 6:05 pm

Sometimes I’m left wondering…..well most of the time I’m left wondering. How are you? What are your big plans for this year? We’re staying close to home around Wisconsin….I think I’ll be going to Mexico a couple times this year but other than that it’s going to be low key:) Hope you are well! Chris

February 23, 2012 | 12:20 am

Hi, Chris! Yeah, the wondering….do you ever wonder about it? :)

Plans? Good Q. I’m considering Indonesia. But I’d love to do the USA, cross country. Believe it or not, the former is easier for me than the latter. We shall see. Hope to decided sometime in March! You’re going to Mexico? Excelente! That sounds wonderful, actually. I may have a free ticket via a credit card of mine that I might want to use there, too. Perhaps we’ll run into each other! :)

Thanks for keeping in touch…I’m glad you have!

• rohrerbot
        February 23, 2012 | 8:26 pm

That would be fun! This year we’re staying close to home. We visiting the islands of Lake Michigan and going back in time. Well that’s the theme of our vacation. The summer after it’s off to Egypt if it’s safer. We shall see. The world is going crazy right now. Indonesia sounds fantastic! All my best. Chris

February 25, 2012 | 12:17 pm

That sounds really nice, Chris. And going back in time sounds interesting. Will you be touring old homes?

I agree re: the world going crazy–totally!

Best to you, too!

5. Deborah Thompson
    February 27, 2012 | 12:05 am

Great picture – I have taken some pictures just as you decribed – curious about who would live there, if they have children, how they live, where they work… I’ve done this in Havana, in Belize (Amergrise Caye), in Mexico…. fascinating. If I can find those particular photo’s I will post them! Thanks for sharing your photo!

February 27, 2012 | 12:29 am

Thanks, Deborah. It’s interesting to wonder. Sometimes our imaginations lead us to create a certain story that might be the complete opposite of what the people’s life actually is. And at other times, it’s right on. I look forward to seeing your photos! PS: Feel free to come back and link to your post…

6. Louise
    March 5, 2012 | 10:46 pm

The house actually belongs to my late grand aunt and grand uncle!! The house was more like more of a home away from home when not in the states. My late grand aunt loved to sit on the porch and watch people passing by. It was aways filled with the 4 kids who lived in the states and the gran kids when they went on vacation to Belize.

March 6, 2012 | 8:31 am

Hi, Louise. Are you serious? No way! Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this. I love the idea of the family being there and the people watching. How wonderful!