Trippy Travel Game #21: Ecuador OR Panama? You tell me!

Ecuador or Panama? You tell me!

Play this fun photo guessing game and possibly win a mention/link back to your site! It’s not so easy, but it’s always fun. Here’s bit of a deviation from the regular game. This time, you’ll view photos from Ecuador and Panama and tell me which are from which country–and give a 1-sentence explanation of why that’s your guess.

Photo 1

Ecuador or Panama? You tell me!

Why this change in rules?

When I visited Ecuador and Panama last summer, there were moments of a reciprocal sort of déjà vu. I remember thinking, “That patch of green in Country X looks similar to what I saw in Country Y” or “Hey, those aloe plants are identical to what I’ve seen before…”

By the way, Ecuador–which is the 8th most biodiverse country, sits on the equator–hence, the name. :) Panama is not nearly as biodiverse, but there are a number of commonalities. Also, both countries have quite a few indigenous groups.

Back to the regular game next time

For diehard fans of this game…not to worry–this is a one-time deviation (for now, anyway). We’ll be back to normal (whatever that is) next time around!

Rules/Prize

The first 2 people to get ALL the questions right will be declared winners and win a mention/link to their site!

Good luck!

Let’s play!

Please scroll back up to Photo 1 and take a look/guess before checking out the next several. Thanks!

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

And the Winners Are….

TBA

And the Answers Are…

TBA

Can’t Get Enough?

Like this game? Enjoy learning about new places? Here are all of the Trippy Travel Photos–guesses and winners–all on one page.

Like photography? Then check out my Photo of the Day feature, too.

17 Responses to Trippy Travel Game #21: Ecuador OR Panama? You tell me!
  1. Osvaldo
    September 11, 2012 | 1:39 pm

1- Panama because the fence looks like “made in panama” 😀
    2- That beach really looks life it’s from Panama.
    3 & 4- Those people look indigenous, so these pics are from Ecuador.
    5- I believe that’s Panama. Where? No idea, just guessing :)

September 12, 2012 | 7:23 pm

Hola, Osvaldo and gracias for playing! I’m not going say anything yet. Would like to get a more guesses in place. Then, I’ll let you know how you did.

PS: I can’t wait to tell you!! But I will…

2. Ava Apollo
    September 11, 2012 | 5:59 pm

My favorite game to suck horribly at! It’s a trick…they’re all in Nicaragua
    Ava Apollo recently posted..I Bought a One-Way Ticket to BangkokMy Profile

September 12, 2012 | 7:22 pm

Hi, Ava. That is hilarious!!! I should have put a pic in from Nica or elsewhere in Latin America. That would have made this super challenging! Next week, I’ve got a regular style TTP Game scheduled…will be easier (or maybe more difficult)! :)

PS: What do you think about me putting some of these into a book of sorts? As in, coffee-table style? I wonder if people might like that…

3. Dyanne@TravelnLass
    September 11, 2012 | 10:32 pm

Finally coming up for air here after more than a month in Thailand and Mongolia. Love your Trippy photo games, but I must admit, this one gives me pause. I mean, with few exceptions (the lass with the plate of rice ‘n beans juxtaposed against an “Australia” sweatshirt for example) – could be most anywhere in the entire WORLD!

I guess I mean – beaches, markets, many landscapes, they all blur together when you travel a bunch. Shoot, your pic #4 could verily be in MONGOLIA (where I just came from) for heaven’s sake!

That plus, though I’ve been to Panama (loved it – especially the idyllic San Blas Islands), I’ve not been to Ecuador (nor curiously – given my long life of travel, never even stepped foot in South America at all). All which is to say…

I haven’t a clue where to place any of your fine pics! 😉
    Dyanne@TravelnLass recently posted..Checking Out Chiang Mai…My Profile

September 12, 2012 | 7:20 pm

Hi, Dyanne. Did you only visit San Blas in Panama or did you go elsewhere? Just asking because (I think) there are a couple details that give away (non San Blas) Panama and, for those who have been to South America, Ecuador, too. But I won’t say anymore….no clues! :)

Meanwhile, how was your trip? I look forward to hearing about you trip! Thailand plus Mongolia? Wow!!! Nice to be in contact again!!

• Dyanne@TravelnLass
        September 12, 2012 | 10:16 pm

Panama City of course, and the canal, plus the San Blas Islands in the north (the Caribbean) and… I think it was Taboga Island in the south (the Pacific). Interestingly, we so often think of the Pacific being in the WEST, but with Panama’s tilt, it’s actually in the SOUTH! 😉

But it’s all been so long ago, I’m simply not picking up any clues. In any case, it will be interesting to find out the answers.
        Dyanne@TravelnLass recently posted..Checking Out Chiang Mai…My Profile

4. Kyle Goes Global
    September 12, 2012 | 11:13 am

I like this little game you’ve invented for Blogger/Reader interaction!! Love the idea! I’m going to have to try and come up with something similar, good work!

5. Nate
    September 15, 2012 | 3:39 am

Having never visited that part of the world, my answers would totally be a guess! But I just want to say, I love this game, and love reading your site (as always).

Nate
    Nate recently posted..Legoland Malaysia Pre-Opening Day : Kids Gone Buck Wild in Johor BahruMy Profile

September 17, 2012 | 11:35 pm

Hi, Nate. Thanks so much for saying that! Lately, I’ve been feeling burnt out, so hearing some positive feedback really cheered me up! Glad you like the game and my site. More good stuff (including rounds of this game) coming soon!

6. Audrey | That Backpacker
    September 25, 2012 | 9:14 pm

I’m torn between the two! This is a hard game. I’m leaning towards Panama, just because I remember seeing photos from my sister’s trip to Ecuador and the vegetation/scenery was slightly different. Then again, she spent most of her time in the cities…hmmm….

September 26, 2012 | 11:09 am

Tricky, no? Do you think all of the photos are from Panama–or just some? I’ll give you a clue; some are from Ecuador and some are from Panama! :)

7. Leektone
    October 2, 2012 | 3:08 pm

It’s certainly interesting that Ecuador is the 8th most biodiverse area on earth. I think the inside of my fridge is number 7.

8. Jess - a beginner learning spanish and having fun
    November 4, 2012 | 2:19 am

I hear Ecuador is beautiful and that people are really nice. I ve been wanting to visit it for years! Great photos! The little girl in the 4th one is so pretty =)
    Keep going!
    Jess – a beginner learning spanish and having fun recently posted..Spanish Songs Lyrics – “Soy o Estoy” by Cafe TacubaMy Profile

November 4, 2012 | 3:31 pm

Muchas gracias! Ecuador is lovely. Glad you like the photos!