Trippy Travel Photo Game #22: Galata Bridge Ironwork Pattern Up Close

Trippy Travel Photo 22

This photo is of the Galata Bridge, which  spans the Golden Horn in Istanbul. It has been crossed by millions of people over the years, and while standing on it, you can look west toward Europe and east toward Asia. No trip to the city is complete without visiting it.

The person who successfully guessed what the photo is of–and where I took it–followed these steps to play the game. Her name is found below.

1. Look at the Photo/Study the Details

2. Guess what/where!

What do you see in the photo?

Where was I traveling when I saw it? What famous city is this located in? And where is it specifically?

Clue: This is not off the beaten path. Many, many people see this all the time!

3. Check back later!

–Post your guesses here in the Comments Section (tweets and FB comments don’t count–sorry)

–Keep checking and guessing as the guessing gets good…

–See who won…maybe it will be you!

The prize?

A mention of your name and a link to your site from within this post.

And the winner is…

Katrina of TourAbsurd.com.

The answer: Galata Bridge Ironwork Pattern Up Close

Can’t get enough?

Like this game? Enjoy learning about new places? Here are all of the Trippy Travel Photos–guesses and winners–all on one page.

15 Responses to Trippy Travel Photo Game #22: Galata Bridge Ironwork Pattern Up Close
  1. Dyanne@TravelnLass
    October 24, 2012 | 9:45 am

Good-NESS, you surely don’t make it easy! What do I see? I see… a body of water, could be an ocean, but could also be Puget Sound in Seattle. And the grillwork? Could be anywhere in the northern (or southern) hemispheres. So THAT narrows it down a LOT (not!) 😉

Ah well, I guess if it was easy, then EVERYBODY would guess it straight-away.

As for me? Not a clue.
    Dyanne@TravelnLass recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Seeing-Double SeattleMy Profile

October 25, 2012 | 12:51 am

Hi, Dyanne. LOL to your comment! He, he… Check out the comment that came in after yours…it provides some excellent clues! As I said, many people have been there. If you’ve been there, you might know. But I’m not sure you’ve traveled to this particular destination.

Do you have a list of countries you’ve visited on your blog??

• Dyanne@TravelnLass
        October 25, 2012 | 1:43 am

Yes, LOL Lisa. Robert definitely has an edge there. I too thought “Moorish…Morocco” but hey – I’m certain I’ve seen such same-same grillwork in NYC. Thus, we’re uh, back to “northern or southern hemisphere” here. 😉

As for my country list – I don’t generally even keep track (and no, nothin’ like that on my TravelnLass site – though maybe there should be?)

BUT, I’m proud to point you to the full list of (turns out there’s 30) on my profile at the new “Trust a Traveler” site: http://www.trustatraveler.com/traveler-profile-dyanne-from-travelnlass/

October 25, 2012 | 10:11 am

Hey, Dyanne–know what? I just checked out your list over on Trust a Traveler. Love it! And all the stuff in your profile. It’s great! I did notice that you have not visited this particular country. You did, however, visit one of its neighbors. :)

Anyway, this game is going to be wrapped up in a couple hours. Some guessed it on Twitter almost instantly, but didn’t leave a comment (so she’s not qualified to win). And Katrina (who just left some comments) has narrowed it down to the right country!

2. Robert Watson
    October 25, 2012 | 12:36 am

Oh, this is soooo easy #overflowingwithfoolishconfidence
    Definitely Northern Hemisphere.
    The pattern is reminiscent of Moorish tiles.
    That means Morocco or southern Spain, but you haven’t been to Morocco, so I’ll say “Spain”.
    But ironwork that close to water would be severely rusted if it was 100s of years old. #frownsheavily
    So, it is modern.
    I’m going to have to think about this for a while.
    :-)
    Robert

October 25, 2012 | 1:01 am

Hey, Robert. As always, your eye for detail never ceases to amaze me! I am very sure you’re going to get this one. I don’t want to give too many clues, but…I will say that it’s neither of the countries that you mentioned. However–and this is important–it’s definitely not located in N. Africa. In fact, Africa is not the continent at all.

So…hmmm.

I have a feeling that you will guess this one–unless someone else jumps in soon! :)

3. Robert Watson
    October 25, 2012 | 1:30 am

OK, thinking a bit more… the lack of corrosion suggests that the water is fresh and not salt.

4. Katrina
    October 25, 2012 | 7:11 am

Hmm. I’m trying to follow Robert’s clues and using Google Maps like crazy on Spain and Portugal, but so far I’m still scratching my head!
    Katrina recently posted..Mexican food is comfort foodMy Profile

• Katrina
      October 25, 2012 | 7:16 am

…heading in the direction of Turkey now.
      Katrina recently posted..Mexican food is comfort foodMy Profile

October 25, 2012 | 10:12 am

Hey, Katrina. Guess what? You’re heading in the right direction! In fact, that is the country. Now, can you narrow it down to exactly where? If so, I think you’re going to nail this one. Yay!

• Katrina
          October 25, 2012 | 10:36 am

The Galata Bridge in Istanbul!
          Katrina recently posted..Mexican food is comfort foodMy Profile

October 25, 2012 | 11:16 am

You, my dear, are the winner! Yay and congrats and thanks for playing!! :)

5. Katrina
    October 25, 2012 | 11:45 am

Woohoo! Thank you. This was a fun diversion in the middle of a busy day. :)
    Katrina recently posted..Mexican food is comfort foodMy Profile

6. Laurel
    October 26, 2012 | 2:50 am

I was going to guess Morocco, I’m impressed with Katrina’s research!
    Laurel recently posted..A Romantic Journey Along the German & Netherlands BorderMy Profile

October 30, 2012 | 1:28 am

Hi, Laurel. I’m impressed with Katrina, too! This is not the first time she’s guessed one of these photos–and she gets them fast, too!