Freaky Alien Mannequin Couple Hanging Out on Roof in Toronto (Photo of the Day)

Freaky alien mannequins in Toronto

When I spotted this mannequin ‘couple’ in Kensington Market, Toronto, I just had to take their photo.

First of all, I’m a tiny bit obsessed with mannequins. Second, these looked a little bit like aliens. Third, I just loved the color contrast. The photo was already composed and ready to be taken.

Freaky alien mannequins in Toronto

Freaky alien mannequins in Toronto

Mostly, though, it was the way ‘they’ were hanging out–nekkid–on the side of this roof that got my attention. They seemed so at ease and comfortable with themselves. Like nudists in a nudist camp.

They were just too cool to ignore…

Photographic Details

Camera: Olympus XZ-1
F stop: 4.5
Shutter: 1/800
ISO: 100
Filter: None

Your Thoughts/Reactions

So what do you think of ‘them’? Happy couple or in trouble? Or maybe ‘just friends’?

Could you have walked past without photographing them–or would you have stopped, as I did?

By the way…if you like unique mannequins, you should check out my photo essays:

Middle Eastern Mannequins: A Secret and Surreal World

Manic Mannequins Take On Ecuador: 10 Journeys Through Time/Space

Can’t Get Enough?

Want to see more photos from around the world? Here are the other ‘photos of the day‘ (people, places and things) from several continents.

Like unusual photos? Check out my ‘trippy travel photos.’ The post begins as a game and ends as a learning experience. Enjoy!

6 Responses to Freaky Alien Mannequin Couple Hanging Out on Roof in Toronto (Photo of the Day)
  1. Thomas
    June 17, 2013 | 10:04 am

That is one freaky bit of ‘art’ work hey? Personally I like the poses they’re pulling though, makes the piece complete.

June 17, 2013 | 10:22 am

Hi, Thomas. Yes, really freaky. :) I know what you mean re: the poses–definitely! Maybe they’ve done this before…they do look like pros!

2. Hogga
    June 18, 2013 | 8:50 am

haha i’ll have to check these two out today!
    Hogga recently posted..Weird Germany in the Middle of AfricaMy Profile

June 18, 2013 | 9:08 am

Are you in Toronto? I hope you do meet them. Please tell them hello and take an Instagram of them sitting next to each other. I had to use a wide angle they way they were posing before. :)

3. Maria
    June 18, 2013 | 1:12 pm

Freaky is right! Wow, dance party on the balcony with plastic people. You see the oddest stuff – starting to think you travel with a few of these for props. *laugh*

love it!
    Maria recently posted..The Sound of MenMy Profile

June 18, 2013 | 2:24 pm

Ha ha…funny!

Maybe I do have some for props. My dad has zombie mannequins, so it would make sense that I would have some regular ones somewhere. :)